Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Warning... goofy post
Have you guys ever heard of Jose Jalapeno... on-a-steek? I was thinking about this recently because I bought my Dad one of Jeff Dunham's videos for his birthday. Actually, I bought one for myself too and watched it... it's not quite as funny as I fondly remembered it, but still pretty funny.



The best part of the story is the back-story. When I was in residency, my roommate's name was Rachel. We had this great apartment with floor-to-ceiling plate glass windows in the living room that opened onto a balcony. Two bedrooms, right next to each other and the bathroom was so small that only two people who REALLY get along well could possibly share it. But we were so tight we could easily finish each other's sentences. Or know what the other was thinking without saying a word. Really. People who didn't know better always thought we were sisters but our connection was more like identical twins.



Anyhow... here's the Jose story. One night I'm in bed, sleeping peacefully. Rachel had been out and about (probably with one of her boyfriends, but the unimportant details escape me now) and later came home and was watching some late show, after the news. This comedian (Jeff Dunham) was on. Rachel thought he was so hilarious that she CAME AND WOKE ME UP to come watch. Anyone who knows me will know this is not a good idea. I tried the "NO, GO AWAY" and various other leave-me-alone techniques to no avail. Eventually I got up. And she was right. In that moment, Jose Jalapeno on-a-steek, shared with my BFF in the grogginess of having slept about two hours was truly HYSTERICAL. We laughed until I thought my face would break.



Can't beat that... good times with good friends.



WARNING! Jeff's show is pretty totally culturally inappropriate and the language is definitely R-rated. Now you've been warned, so check it out at your own discretion and NOT in the vicinity of children!
posted by Lisa @ 6:46 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At July 17, 2007 at 9:05 AM, Blogger Christen L said…

    i LOVE comedians. Will have to check it out.

    sounds like me and my college roomie. we were always in and out and waking each other up for silly things. one night, she had a fight with her bf and woke me up because she HAD to make some chocolate chip cookies right NOW. She had no idea how to do it. I told her to get lost and look in a cookbook. She persisted. We ended up at Meijers (open 24 hours) buying stuff to make homemade cookies at like 2 am. We had so much fun that night, but boy our kitchen was a mess the next morning!

    Maybe what you need is a little chocolate chip cookies ;) That helps anything!

     
  • At July 17, 2007 at 9:38 AM, Blogger JennStar said…

    Holy Cow! I SOOOO remember the Jalepeno on a Steek! Actaully, it was more of a Jalepeno. . . . on a steeeeeek. LOL! Thanks for the memory recall!

     
  • At July 17, 2007 at 1:27 PM, Blogger kate said…

    I think this was also situational comedy--comedy greatly enhanced by your situation. ;>

    What a great friend!

    (Word verification says hugqrt so I'm sending you a quart of hugs!)

     
  • At July 18, 2007 at 11:55 AM, Blogger Maggie said…

    Gotta love the college roommates. My roomie was a girl we nicknamed "Rico Suavay" because her last name was Girardot (pronounced the same as the singer of that awful song).

    We had many middle-of-the-night wake up incidents. Mostly for a fourth in Euchre or something. My favorite incident though is when we couldn't sleep and we went down the hall and woke up all of our friends. Then we took old t-shirts, wrote the name of our dorm floor on them, and went and put the t-shirts on the statues in the college fountain. Fun night!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Island Girl Musings
My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States
Recent Posts
Archives

Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates