Wednesday, July 18, 2007
one more Rachel story
OK, I'll give you a break on the Rachel stories after this. But you have to hear this one, because it's one of my very favorite ones.



I had this gorgeous hunk of a boyfriend named John when I was in about my second and third years of medical school. Over 6' tall, brown hair, brown eyes, drop dead gorgeous with a great body. Unfortunately, he was also an ass a good part of the time. And eventually we broke up when I got tired of his crap.



Fast forward two years to my first year of residency. Rachel's mom was a nurse in our clinic and I adored her. Rachel worked part time in the front office (college student), so I knew who she was but didn't know her well at all. One night, I ran into Rachel at the bar. This would be the bar I mentioned previously, where my friend Steve was a bartender during law school. Anyhow, Rachel was across the way, standing by herself. I walked over to say hi to her. Shortly after, John reappeared (from the restroom, I think) and I found out they'd come together on a date. I knew they were dating and this was not an issue for me. But some other girl John was also dating was in the bar too and Rachel ended up getting pissed off at John and asked me for a ride home.



The rest was... as they say... history. We both ditched John but kept each other! And we were INSEPARABLE for many years thereafter. We used to love telling that story together! (John hated us telling that story together. ;-p)
posted by Lisa @ 2:16 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Island Girl Musings
My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States
Recent Posts
Archives

Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates