Saturday, July 21, 2007
coolness
I am sitting on my couch in my living room, with my laptop, posting this over my newly installed WIRELESS network!! Woo hoo!! This is just too cool. I love it. Now I can haul my laptop anywhere in my house that I might want to be.

The only thing I don't have sorted out is how to connect my printer. There must be an adapter, so the next time I go to Target, I will check it out.

Yogi is going to love this too, because now he can sit beside me (his very favorite place in the whole world to be) while I'm on the 'puter. He has a little doggie bed next to my computer cabinet but he didn't particularly like that arrangement.

The wireless router cost $70 and I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago. Well... actually I do. I thought it was going to be a pain to set up. It so wasn't! It was extremely easy and took about 10 minutes. Good grief. If I'd only known...

But I'm loving it now.

No mail yet... still on HP watch. Hurry up, mailman!
posted by Lisa @ 12:29 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At July 21, 2007 at 2:00 PM, Blogger Dede said…

    Hey Lisa - welcome to the wireless world! If you have a desktop computer also, you can attach the printer to that PC and share it which will enable you to print from your wireless notebook computer. If you need help, just email me! There is an email link at the top of my blog (http://www.2dolphins.com/rajblog.html)

     
  • At July 21, 2007 at 2:18 PM, Blogger JennStar said…

    Whew-hoo!! Work it girl! And when you're done, head on over and help me figure out why mine isn't working so well!! (Actually, we think it's the laptop, so it's going in for a checkup this afternoon). Have fun at Target, as though that's hard to do! :o)

     
  • At July 21, 2007 at 9:57 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Oh I'm so jealous! One day I'll be a wireless woman too. Enjoy!

     
  • At July 22, 2007 at 8:28 AM, Blogger kate said…

    See, I'm still a desktop girl. I've got a Mac mini and wireless keyboard and mouse. I just can't do the touchpad thing. And I find the laptop keyboard too small...

     
  • At July 22, 2007 at 1:30 PM, Blogger Christen L said…

    I know how you feel! I will never go back to non-wireless again! We LOVE ours! :) You thought you were addicted before.... just wait!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
Island Girl Musings
My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States
Recent Posts
Archives

Links
Template By
Free Blogger Templates